Client Session ~ Buddy the Staffordshire Bull Terrier

For my second last Melbourne session I was due to meet with Kim and her best friend, Buddy the three and a half year old Staffordshire Bull Terrier, first thing in the morning. The day was to offer me a taste of what Melbourne can dish up weather-wise when it feels like it. I awoke to oppressive heat, drove through a thunderstorm – thunder, lightning and bucketing rain – and arrived to clearing cloud and then finally sunshine, before a cool change rolled in accompanied by heavy cloud! Wow, what a morning! Despite this, we managed to work around the weather to get some stunning shots of both Kim and Buddy.

When I arrived we packed into the car and headed to a lovely and huge grassy park on the foreshore. There was also a great little boardwalk winding it’s way through the adjoining swamp, so we took a stroll along that to begin with.

Buddy was great, never going too far, just strolling along checking out the sights and sounds. Kim’s done some training with him so he was quite easy to plonk somewhere and give the ‘stay’ command to. This bench provided a good pedestal to display his handsome self!

Kim and Buddy are obviously quite devoted to each other. It actually proved a bit of a challenge to separate them at times, with Buddy always wanting to be within a few metres of his Mum.

There were lots of opportunities for quiet time, cuddles and kisses though, so cute.

How gorgeous is this boy in his studly new collar?

There was time for a bit of posing with his Mum before we headed back to the house.

Buddy is your typical Staffy – though perhaps a bit more calm and well behaved than most I’ve met! Such a good boy.

He’s certainly got the hang of that intense Staffy stare!

The deck provided some nice soft light and cool eye reflections.

Buddy gets to spend his days while his Mum is at work, hanging out at his ‘grandparents’ place – it’s like his second home! Here is is staking his claim on the deck.

And posing it up among the flowers along the garden path.

Kim and her baby boy are just the perfect match for each other, don’t you agree?

Kim owns and runs the website www.mystaffy.com.au – which sells plush staffy toys of her own design. Kim has also donated her time and expertise to establish a website for Stafford Rescue – a rescue and rehoming service run by The Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club of Victoria Inc. If you are an enthusiast of this wonderful breed, make sure you check out these great sites!

Facebook Comments

11 Comments
  • Simon

17 March, 2010 at 3:41 pm Reply

I love Staffies! Great shots, Kim’s very photogenic, too. Lovely tattoo.

• Ruth

17 March, 2010 at 5:16 pm Reply

Really nice Charlotte, worth waiting for!

• Renee

18 March, 2010 at 4:12 am Reply

You really captured some great shots! I love the colored one in the field where you can see Kim’s tattoo and buddy seems to be looking back at her. So wonderful! 🙂

• Suzette Ryan

18 March, 2010 at 11:55 am Reply

Just stunning. You truly captured Buddy and Kim. Great Job!

• Emma Turner

20 March, 2010 at 8:31 am Reply

Just realized I commented on the bottom of this page when I should have commented here.As I said looking at these pics of BUDDY & Kim you have inspired me to buy a better camera and practice, practice, practice, beautiful shots ,with great thought on composition

• Jan Hutton

21 March, 2010 at 3:25 pm Reply

Well done Charlotte. Absolutely fantastic photo’s of Kim & Buddy.
    I will be sending the link onto all my doggie loving friends.
    Jan (Stafford Rescue Vic)

• alexa

22 March, 2010 at 12:06 am Reply

These are wonderful! You really captured the bond between him and his mom.

• Lakshmi Sumithran

22 March, 2010 at 5:40 am Reply

Fantastic pictures! Thank you for sharing them with staffy lovers everywhere.

• Amanda

22 March, 2010 at 6:48 am Reply

Magnificent pictures!! A true depiction of a Staffy owner and their best friend, there is nothing better. Great photography, both Kim & Buddy are very photogenic. Excellent work by all.

• Ian J

25 March, 2010 at 7:48 pm Reply

IM IN LOVE! Amazing photos, such a beautiful stafford, so shiny and with the best eyes, i want to plonk a kiss right in the middle of his head! 🙂

• Natasha Marais

6 May, 2013 at 9:13 am Reply

I was looking for intimidating staffy pictures to ward off a run of break-ins in our neighborhood and instead found these. Amazing, moving – not very good for my purpose 🙂