Update ~ Albert is Cancer-free!

You might remember Albert’s session from a couple of months ago. To recap, his owner Drene had organised a session with me as he’d been diagnosed with Osteosarcoma, a form of bone cancer, in his front left leg. He’d been given only months to live and on the day of the session he was struggling to get around and quite obviously very unwell.

I’m so happy and amazed to report that just recently when Drene came to pick up her three beautiful canvases, Albert himself came and visited! His leg which was previously about twice it’s usual diameter was back almost to normal size. Albert was so much livelier, trotting around checking out my garden and generally looking very healthy and happy for a 12 year old dog who just a few months ago was struggling to walk!

Anyway, I’ll let Albert himself tell the story…

“Hi everyone, it’s Albert the Lab/Mastiff cross here. As you know I was very sick and was given 6 months to live. I had a really bad tumour (Osteosarcoma). My mum was so upset, she did not want to lose me cause I’m just gorgeous.

Anyway, my mum decided to get Vitamin B17 for me from Mexico. It’s got three names (LAETRILE/AMIGDATIN/B17). The reason she had to get it from Mexico is it’s banned in Australia, which is another story!

My mum got the Vitamin B17 liquid and the vet gave me 9 grams of Vitamin B17 and 10 grams of Vitamin C intravenously for 23 days. My mum also gave me 30 apricot kernels in my food every day.

Mum kept saying, “Albert your tumour is shrinking!” Well, it needed to! It was ten and half inches around at start of treatment, and I could hardly walk, and boy was it painful. Mum gave me painkillers for that.

The good news is my TUMOUR IS GONE, I’m very happy and my mum is over the moon. The vet? Well he can’t believe his eyes. The whole point of this up date on my health is this. If any one out there has a little furry person that has Cancer just e-mail my mum and she will tell you what you have to do, and who to phone, because she wants to help all my mates out there. Mum’s e-mail is drenealbert@gmail.com. Love, Albert.”

Drene and Albert’s beautiful canvases – two 20×30 inch and one 30×30 inch. They will hang with pride in their house with Albert’s leg on display as testament to beating this horrible disease that affects so many pets and those who love them.

Please comment and share to spread the word!

Facebook Comments

16 Comments
  • Valerie Cummings

31 May, 2011 at 5:46 pm Reply

What great news! Great photos too!

• Peta Moore

31 May, 2011 at 11:44 pm Reply

Wow! What a wonderful success story! I am a vet nurse who lost my beloved Pippin (pictured as my profile pic) two years ago to lymphoma. We tried three different treatments but he lost his battle 9 months after diagnosis. I wish I had known about this drug back then. I’m very interested to know if it only works on certain types of cancer? Beautiful beautiful photos 🙂

• Tina Sanderson

1 June, 2011 at 3:25 am Reply

Awesome outcome! 🙂 Thank you so much for sharing your story.

• Christine Harbidge

1 June, 2011 at 9:28 am Reply

An amazing story, I’m am so happy for you both. I lost my little furry man two months ago to cancer, he is my profile picture.

• Flo Dupuy

2 June, 2011 at 9:15 am Reply

Wow! I am so happy for Albert! Amazing story! My mother in law lost her lab to the same condition 12 years ago…

• Angel Rodriguez

11 July, 2011 at 9:51 pm Reply

That’s Great great news Drene. Its great to see Vitamin B17 in action not just in humans but pets also!

• Angela

6 August, 2011 at 8:17 am Reply

Lovely photos of a gorgeous boy – what’s not to love about a Lab x Mastiff! So pleased to hear that Albert’s tumour has gone away.

Having lost one of our dogs a year ago, we recently found out during a vet check-up that our current oldest has a tumour to accompany his poorly heart. Have just ordered a product from the US which has been suggested to us.

Hope Albert and his Mum enjoy life together for a long time to come 🙂

Angela
    UK

• Carolyn Rutter

11 August, 2011 at 5:58 am Reply

Pawsistance pays off – what an interesting place to find a cancer survivor story 🙂

• Lidija Malkic

23 August, 2011 at 8:56 am Reply

this is great story! What LOVE can do?

• Tricia Tatham

28 August, 2011 at 12:50 am Reply

love the story – my question is would this work on a human that has bone cancer?

• Cathleen Patricia Green

6 September, 2011 at 7:11 am Reply

What an amazing story. I must stock up on apricot kernels, I have three pets.

• Alex Tessier

26 August, 2012 at 2:55 pm Reply

Though Laetrile isn’t easy to come by for most people, particularly outside of the U.S., it is possible to have a therapeutic dose of amygdalin through the use of apricot kernels.

There is a very broad range of apricot kernels available that encompass the entire spectrum of amygdalin content – from very little, to quite a lot. The bitterness of an apricot kernel is indicative of its amygdalin content. Both sweet and bitter varieties contain quantities of amygdalin. However, people don’t realize the significant range of amygdalin content of the apricot kernels being sold as “bitter” varieties.

45 apricot kernels of one variety are all that is required for a daily dose of 1,500 mg of amygdalin. This is a dose that falls within a therapeutic range. In another variety of “bitter” apricot kernels, 200 kernels would have to be consumed in order to achieve similar quantities. However, the people using this variety are still adhering to common dosage guidelines, which means, at best, they’re likely only receiving 80-100 mg of amygdalin, and that’s at 45 apricot kernels per day.

The variety of bitter apricot kernel is critical to their efficacy. The wrong variety will simply not work.

I talk about this in more detail on my own blog at http://apricot-kernels.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/apricot-kernels-some-work-some-dont.html

• Davey

23 October, 2012 at 11:58 pm Reply

That’s fantastic! We were put on to apricot kernels by our vet in Tassie for our boy. We were told to give him 2 to 3 kernels for each 5 kilos of body mass a few times over the course of the day. Once we could see that this quantity wasn’t affecting him poorly, we increased that number by several more here and there. We crushed them in a mortar and pestle and mixed them in with his fresh raw chicken mince. We had to stop feeding him canned and dried food, as this was the likely cause of his cancer. We also gave him pancreatic enzymes between meals.

Within a week, he had perked up visibly. Now a year on, the tumour has reduced in size to a tiny fraction of its former self. The vet reckons it will be completely gone within the next month or so. He said it was important to make sure the kernels used were a fresh, bitter variety. He recommended we buy ours from ChiTree at http://www.chitree.com.au. They were almost shut down last year after their kernels were tested to have the most B17 in Australia. It just figures. We did try a cheaper apricot kernel found on another website, but these were visibly rubbish in comparison. You do get what you pay for. Great blog post!