Studio Session ~ Lottie the Australian Shepherd
One of the services I offer my commercial pet industry clients is a commercial model database which makes finding canine models for product and lifestyle shoots quick and easy. Applications are always open on my website for doggy models that meet the reasonably strict criteria of obedience and training. I receive applications pretty frequently, but on receiving Lottie’s, she immediately stood out from the crowd! In addition to being stunningly gorgeous and participating in agility, obedience and rally-o, she also boasts the following tricks and training:
Sit, drop, fetch anything, shake both paws, shy, roll over, face trick (lay down with face on ground), back up, heel, sit stay (any distance/time), drop stay (and distance/time), beg, spin both ways, speak on command, bow, jump up on something, front feet on an object and move her back feet around, play dead trick.
I just had to meet her and asked her mum to bring her into the studio for a test session. And, just as I thought, she totally rocked it! What a stunning girl.
If you own a clever, well trained and distinctive looking dog and it meets the following criteria, I’d love to hear from you.
Your dog must be:
- well trained – sit, down/drop, stay (to 5 metres for at least 30 seconds, with distractions)
- reliable in off-lead situations with good recall and not easily distracted by other dogs and people
- able to walk nicely on the lead – no pulling or lunging
- confident in unfamiliar situations and with unfamiliar people
- no behavioural issues
- fit and healthy
- any age
- any size, colour, breed (purebred or mixed breed)
- located in south-east Queensland (Brisbane, Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast) or willing to travel there for a session
What’s in it for you?
If your dog is selected as a model on a commercial shoot, you may receive financial compensation and/or products, depending on the client. Occasionally I will select a dog for a portfolio session, where I shoot specifically for the commercial market, stock or my own portfolio or personal projects. If your dog is selected for a portfolio session, you’ll receive:
- waived session fee
- a custom designed, art directed photo session with special attention paid to location and style
- a set of watermarked, web resolution digital files to share with friends and family
- the option to purchase prints, products and high resolution digital image files via an online ordering gallery
Please submit an application on my website.